Friday, July 1, 2011

Lost in Cyber Space

Publishing a book on the internet does not guarantee an audience. I did nothing to promote my self-published books on the internet and, as a result, I never sold any except to myself. I planned to sell my book Hip and Broke: A Songwriter's Journey at my shows, but if my intention had been to sell books on-line, I would have needed to invest major time and energy in marketing and promotion to not be lost in cyberspace like I was.

Every internet publishing site includes free tips on marketing, and offers packages with various levels of promotion included for varying fees.
I don't know yet if the marketing features offered by Amazon and other internet publishers can be replicated by the Do-It-Your-Self-er. There could be advantages for paying for promotion if the publishing site drives traffic to your website.

Driving traffic to your website is crucial for creating an internet presence from which books can be sold.


No comments:

Post a Comment